Thursday, July 30, 2009

Beer Fixes All Problems

Much has been made over the Henry Louis Gates and James Crowley flap--the officer arresting the black Harvard professor, cries of racism, and President Obama foolishly getting involved (if there was a stand to be taken on the issue of racial profiling and injustice, I can imagine there are far better cases out there than a shouting match between a Harvard man and a cop who felt disrespected). But, as always, this situation may be resolved the best way how--with a beer at the White House.

Personally, if I'm ever invited to the White House for a beer (it so too could happen!) I'd probably ask for a Schenkerla Rauchbier Marzen, as the smoky good taste would put me in a right conciliatory mood--and maybe the President would learn a thing or too about great German ales! But if for photo-op purposes we can only drink American beers, I'd go with something solid like Yuengling or Gearys.

No comments:

Post a Comment